Tuesday 21 February 2012

Uh oh, my bus was cancelled today!

No panicking, please.  The review we would have had today will be tomorrow, right before the quiz.  I will also accept your 'Dear Abby' letters that were assigned on Wednesday, Feb. 15.

I was away on Wednesday, February 15, but the supply teacher gave you this assignment in Room 136, the computer lab:

"I. You are to work in pairs to look at Oedipus Rex  (google for a synopsis or summary)
a) Make a list of characters
b) Describe where is the play written (Note:  something was lost in translation--I meant "set", not written)
c)  Describe the main conflict

II. Individually, you are to choose a character and write a letter to “Dear Abby” (sort of a Dr. Phil advice person), and, ask for advice on one of the following topics…
a) I’ve learned that I am fated to do something….
b) I’ve discovered something terrible about my family…
c) I’ve done something wrong and I know I need to be punished…
Your letter should be approximately 200 words in length. Have fun! Be creative!! (alternatively, you could be totally serious – it’s your choice…)
Save your work and the class will continue this activity on Thursday."

No comments:

Post a Comment